|July 11, 2013 - July 25, 2013|
|Location:||Ft. Lauderdale, FL|
|Benefits:||Full range of elective and company-paid benefits|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Distribution & Transportation|
|Description:||NOTE: CBBC is a drug/tabocco free workplace. |
This position is based in Port Everglades, FL and is Part-Time
The Truck Driver is responsible for driving a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 GVW to transport and deliver goods in liquid, loose, or packaged form. The Truck Driver may depart and return same day (local driving); or may be away from two (2) days
The Physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Prolonged sitting; standing; talking; hearing; listening; viewing computer monitor; occasional maneuvering of body including pushing, pulling, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending stooping; frequent use of hands and arms in reaching; handling or manipulating objects or controls; ability to lift and/or move up to 110 pounds; push/pull 2,000 lbs.
Work environment: Indoor and outdoor work environment (depending on assignment and in all weather conditions); moderate noise level.
This is a "touch freight" position, meaning drivers load, unload, and move freight at customer locations.
Job seekers must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and meet all DOT physical and medical requirements.
|Duties:||1. Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency|
equipment is in good working order.
2. Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following
applicable state and federal regulations.
3. Check all load-related documentation to ensure complete and accurate and obtain receipts or
signatures when loads are delivered.
4. Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as
needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly
5. Secure cargo for transport using ropes, blocks, binders, and/or covers.
6. Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
7. Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately
to supervisor and Safety Department.
8. Read and interpret maps in order to determine vehicle routes, or use automated routing
equipment (i.e. GPS)
9. Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting
air and electrical lines, and manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
10. Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
11. Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in order to
document weights and to comply with federal and state regulations.
12. Operate equipment such as two-way telephones to exchange necessary information with
supervisors or other drivers.
13. Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been
14. Crank trailer landing gear up and down to safely secure vehicles.
15. Inspect goods to be moved to determine conditions prior to moving.
16. Remove any debris from trailers after loading and unloading is completed.
17. Load, unload and/or move freight at customer locations, using powered or manual
equipment – as appropriate for work assignment (i.e. local or regional).
18. Required to do collections as directed by the transportation office.
19. Required to pick up product as directed by the transportation office.
|Qualifications:||1. High School Diploma/GED.|
2. Valid government issued Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL).
3. One (1) year work-related driving experience and skills.
4. Good oral and written communication skills.
5. Good organization skills – prioritize work assignments and manage work time.
6. Basic skills in use of computers and software programs.
1. Vocational diploma or Certificate of Completion of truck driver training school.
2. Two (2) years work-related driving experience and skills driving refrigerated truck.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.